Safety & Quality are Job
Twelve Basic Conveyor Safety Rules
- Don't perform service on conveyor until motor disconnect is Locked Out.
- Only use authorized maintenance personnel.
- Keep clothing, fingers, hair, and loose items away from the conveyor.
- Never climb, step, sit or ride on the conveyor.
- Don't load conveyor beyond specified design limits.
- Don't remove or alter conveyor guards or safety divides.
- Know the location of all stop/start controls.
- Keep all stop/start control devices accessible and free from obstruction.
- Keep all personnel clear of the conveyor before starting.
- Operate conveyor with trained personnel only.
- Keep the area around conveyors free from obstruction.
- Report all unsafe practices to your supervisor!